Is Micellar Water an Appropriate Cleaner for Eyelash Extensions?
Have you ever wondered why most makeup removers are oil-based? Oils were initially seen as the optimal way to remove cosmetics, however the combination of oil and eyelash extensions is not recommended because it is a solvent that can dissolve the adhesive used to bond natural lashes with extensions.
Those sporting eyelash extensions should look to Micellar Water as their go-to cleanser, as it is the most secure option for tending to one’s lash extensions. As an oil-free, magnetic water, it gathers ingredients and oils often found in makeup products, making it an effective and thorough tool for eradicating cosmetics. Don’t forget to check the list of ingredients printed on your skin-care items so that you don’t accidentally dissolve your eyelash glue.
Our capable lash specialists need you to be aware of why micellar water is the optimal choice for lash extensions and how to apply it to clean them in an efficient manner. Continue reading for further information!
Why Micellar Water is the Preferred Choice for False Lashes
Referred to as soft water, micellar water is a very helpful multi-use cleansing item. This is due to its ingredient ratio which causes it to be great at taking off tough makeup. This substance consists of two parts- purified water and mild surfactants (cleansing compounds). By blending these tiny surfactant molecules they linger in the form of microscopic spheres known as micelles.
With properties almost like magnets, micelles attract dirt and oils. Even the toughest makeup products become gentle and wash away when using micellar water.
To prevent harming your classic eyelashes/volume eyelash extensions, the safest route is to use micellar water. Oil-based micellar water has the potential to reduce the stickiness of lash glue, but water-based micellar water has no such risk.
It is vital to keep in mind that when the surfactants contained in micellar water are left on the skin after use, individuals with delicate skin may suffer from such issues as breakouts and dryness. Consequently, if you have sensitive skin, you should avoid using micellar water altogether.
How to Clean Eyelash Extensions Using Micellar Water
- Once you have purchased the right micellar water, the next step is to start using it! This product does not cause any damage to your extensions or cause them to shed prematurely.
- If you’re a fan of applying mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, or any other kind of eye makeup, use this guide on how to use micellar water to safely get rid of any type of cosmetics without damaging your classic eyelash extensions.
- The initial step is to focus on the region around your eyes. To remove facial makeup in that area without disturbing the fake eyelashes, use the micellar water.
- Afterwards, use a clean, soft and fluffy eyelash brush to carefully spread the micellar water over your lash extensions.
- Soak the makeup brush with a couple of drops of micellar water and softly tap it over various parts of your eyelashes.
- Carefully brush the top and bottom of the eyelash extensions so that the micellar water is able to be taken up.
- While cleaning your lashes, never rub, scrub, or tug harshly as this can damage the strength and cause your eyelash extensions to come out too soon.
- Starting at the tip of the lashes, you can use a mascara wand to work out any tangles. Keeping the wand beneath the lashes, carefully brush it upwards in a soft motion.
- Utilizing a mascara wand requires using a blow dryer or mini fan to finish off the drying process. Ensure you have the blow dryer set at a cool temperature and that you keep it several inches away from your lashes to prevent any additional force on the lash bond.
- When you are done, there is no need to hurry in removing micellar water since it is free of any oil components or deposits and is perfectly safe for eyelash extensions.
- Prior to using any product on your lashes, it is best to perform a trial run on a less sensitive area of your body. Furthermore, we suggest conducting a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to any of the item’s ingredients.
- Once you have conducted the patch test, if any itching or tingling is experienced it is advisable to stop using the product. In certain circumstances, an intolerance may still take place in spite of doing a patch test. If this occurs, use water to remove the product from your skin right away.
Your eyelash extensions require extra care as they are delicate. To protect them you should use Micellar Water to cleanse your lashes and avoid any contact with oil which would break down the glue that is holding your extensions in place. In order to preserve your lash extensions and prolong the amount of time between refills, be sure to be mindful of what products you’re using on them.
For their customers’ optimal services, the professionals at HIT Lashes can proffer a large selection of lash-friendly items to guarantee more extended durability of your eyelash extensions. If you want to secure a set of eyelash extensions that caters to your requirements and budget, visit our shop and set up an appointment right away!