The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Eyelashes: Tips, Tricks, and Products
The masters of HIT Lashes salon offer professional eyelash extensions of any complexity, guaranteeing a quick and high-quality result.
Not every woman is naturally endowed with beautiful eyelashes. However, today this problem can be easily solved with the help of extensions, making the look more expressive, and the cilia more dense and long. Thanks to modern technologies and the materials used, this procedure can be done both by a professional in a beauty salon, and, if you have the appropriate skills, on your own at home.
Basic eyelash extension methods
There are 3 main methods for attaching eyelashes:
Eyelash. The master separately attaches each eyelash to each native with an indent of 0.5 mm from the eyelid. The amount of extension is determined from how many cilia are attached to one of your own. Two to one native – 2D, three – 3D, etc. The more cilia are attached, the greater the load on your own hairs, so the more thorough the subsequent care should be. Duration of wearing – up to 3 months with monthly correction by a specialist.
Beam. In this case, a whole bundle is attached, consisting of 2 or more cilia. Knotless forms have a flat base and are attached directly to the hairs. This makes the place of their fixation almost imperceptible. Nodular bundles at the base have a fairly large knot with which they are attached to the skin. If necessary, such bundles can even be located between the cilia. The main disadvantage of this type of extension is that the nodules are quite clearly visible to the naked eye. This procedure can be done both in the salon and on your own at home. These false eyelashes last up to a month and a half.
Tape (false eyelashes). The process of eyelash extension in this way is very simple – a ready-made set of cilia is fixed directly to the skin of the eyelid. As a rule, false eyelashes last for a short time (about a day). But they can be used repeatedly.
How to increase eyelashes at home?
As a rule, at home it is better to build eyelashes using bundles of ready-made hairs, especially knotted ones, which are attached directly to the skin. At the same time, in order to properly increase eyelashes, the following steps must be observed in the work:
- Workplace preparation. You should take care of good lighting, convenient location of the mirror. They also lay out the bundles in accordance with the order of their gluing, prepare tweezers with curved tips, cotton pads for the eyes, glue and a small glass container to work with it.
- Eyelash preparation. It includes the removal of all decorative cosmetics and the degreasing of the skin and eyelashes with an appropriate agent. Experts recommend using a special primer. Degreasing is necessary in order to remove the natural grease of the hairs and skin, which prevents the bundles from being firmly fixed with glue.
- Apply some glue to the prepared glass plate (or foil). It should be remembered that it dries quickly enough, so you need to squeeze out a drop once, which is enough for gluing 4-5 bunches.
- Dip the knot in the glue. To do this, carefully take a bundle with tweezers and dip it in glue with a blunt tip. Excess glue is wiped on a napkin.
- Glue the bundle to native eyelashes. Gently lift the bundle with tweezers and stick it as close to the lash line as possible.
- After gluing all the bundles, treat the cilia with a fixative.
- Usually, the process of gluing cilia starts from the outer corner of the eye, because fixation is more difficult here. To make your hands less tired, it is better to work with the right and left eyes alternately.
Disadvantages of eyelash extensions at home
- Unnatural and sloppy look;
- The period of wear of extended eyelashes rarely exceeds 1-2 days;
- risk of infection;
- Injury to native cilia (appearance of bald spots), etc.
To avoid all this, it is better to entrust this procedure to professionals.
How is eyelash extension done in the studio?
First, the master evaluates the thickness, bend and length of natural cilia. After that, he selects the material and thickness of artificial hairs, as well as their color in accordance with the color type of the skin and hair. The extension procedure itself includes the same steps as at home – removal of decorative cosmetics, degreasing of hairs and skin, the process of gluing cilia and processing with a fixative (if required). However, the possibilities of eyelash extensions in the salon are much wider than at home.
Selection of eyelash thickness
Depending on the thickness of the hairs, the master achieves the following effect:
- 0.05 mm – incredibly thin eyelashes are used for “fluffy” volumes (4-6D, “Hollywood”);
- 0.07-0.1 mm – ultra-light eyelashes for bright volumes (2D, 3D);
- 0.12 mm – an expressive look, the hairs look natural.
Length and bend
Length. Each client uses different lengths – from 5 to 13 mm. Most often, the maximum length does not exceed 12 mm., so as not to burden relatives.
Depending on the wishes of the client and the initial shape of their own eyelashes, the masters can offer the following bending options:
- B – natural, slightly curved;
- C – slightly curled cilia, the most common option;
- D – strongly curved hairs that reach to the eyebrows, hide drooping eyelids, distract attention from minor flaws;
- J – resemble straight eyelashes;
- L – ideal for girls with an Asian eye shape, provides maximum eye opening;
- L + – creates the effect of an open look, masks the overhanging eyelid.
Eye and image correction
Gaze Correction Techniques:
- Partial and full extension. With partial extension, cilia are added only closer to the corners of the eyes, and with full extension, they are evenly distributed along the entire edge of the eyelid;
- Eyelash extension. 1 or 2 hairs are attached to one eyelash. At the same time, one is glued along the course of the main eyelash, and the second is glued at an angle, which creates the effect of naturalness;
- The use of eyelashes of different sizes and thicknesses.
Thanks to the skillful alternation of these techniques, the master can give the look a special expressiveness and create the following effects:
- natural – long in the middle, short closer to the outer, repeating or slightly increasing the length of native eyelashes;
- fox look – lengthening of the cilia to the outer corner of the eye;
- squirrel – elongation of the cilia in the second third of the eye, the outer and inner corners are short;
- rays – a small number of eyelashes of greater length are distributed along the entire length of the eye than the bulk of the extended eyelashes;
- puppet – two-thirds of the eye is filled with the longest eyelashes, in the inner corners the length decreases;
- multicolor – when building up, blotches of colored hairs are used;
- millennium – an extravagant look with a decor of rhinestones, feathers and colored eyelashes.
What glue and material for eyelash extensions to choose
Eyelash material. Due to hypoallergenicity and beautiful appearance, artificial eyelashes made of micropolyester or silicone are most often used for extensions. Less commonly, craftsmen work with natural hairs from mink, sable or silk.
Glue. It comes in black and transparent. The latter is used to fix colored cilia. By the speed of solidification, it can be fast and slow fixation, by consistency – liquid and thick. Depending on the speed of drying and consistency, the following types are distinguished:
- A, B – thick, does not seize immediately. A – hypoallergenic, suitable for extensions and lower eyelashes. B – hardens more slowly, therefore it is used by beginners and at home;
- C – holds eyelashes for a month, medium consistency, moderate curing speed;
- D – liquid, dries almost immediately;
- UltraSuperBonding – elastic glue, which is practically not felt on the eyelashes;
- Ultra Strong – long-term fixation, holds cilia up to 3 months.
What to do immediately after extension?
If the glue is not fast fixing, then it takes a day for its final hardening. During this period, you should not wet your eyelashes, use cosmetics, rub your eyes, etc. Also, for several days it is necessary to refuse to visit the sauna and bath, solarium, steaming the face.
In the future, refrain from using creams and other oily products that can lead to peeling of the cilia. In addition, you should not use waterproof mascara, which is removed only with products containing a large amount of fat, which leads to the dissolution of the glue.
During sleep, do not let the eyelashes rub against the pillow, as this will reduce the wear time. Rubbing your eyes is also prohibited, because at this time, artificial hairs can come off along with natural ones, leaving a bald spot.